7.03.2008

Fatal Exception Error

Driving home is the highlight of my day these days, weeks, months. They are all the same and they blend seamlessly into a digitally rendered existence that is the innovative world of information technology. I think I'm breaking technology. Electronics and me just don't mix anymore. I think that a quarter of a century worth of lifetime being bathed in the glow of negatively charged rays being reflected back at me from the back of a metal tube. I have broken 2 ipods, my computer died, and I've been through about 4 phones so far just this year!

So driving got me speculating on how other people make their fortunes or live out their dreams. I think one reason why a homeless psychic lady once told me that i'd never be rich in my life, is because although i am too much of a spoiled child of the 80/90s cusp to ever let myself be poor and destitute,but I also hate rich assholes so much that I shun what they stand for and thus, dooming myself from ever becoming one. I'm reading Atlas Shrugged right now, so maybe it's just a running tangent. But that makes me think about my dear old dad. I think the ones who slowly build their fortune rather than stumble upon it or be born into it, are the people who are closest to the earth because they are present at every moment in real life and not floating through a dream land. Maybe I have weird kind of guilt about being alive, like sometimes I think maybe I was going to have been aborted but was given another chance at life, and now I feel guilty because I didn't deserve that chance. But I only think of that when I feel really useless and miserable.

I saw a man smoking two cigarettes at once walking down the street in Upper Darby. He was awesome. Here everyone is scared that the earth is going to die and that they might get cancer and this guy's doubling up on one of the two deadliest causing people to die things in this country. So cancer and obesity is what is killing off the humans these days?
They've all become fat or drug addicts? Nice.

Anyway, I'm bored with this.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I used to break clocks as a child. Especially digital ones. My mom was baffled (tee hee) when I tried to set my digital clock myself, all of a sudden the display numbers went all pixel-fucked. And people wonder why I'm late all the time. It was destiny apparently.